CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT IS CRUCIAL TO ENSURE EFFICIENT WATER USE IN CITIES!
BELOW YOU CAN FIND TIPS TO OPTIMISE YOUR DAILY WATER CONSUMPTION AND MINIMISE WATER WASTE
- Turn off the bathroom tap while you wash your hands, brush your teeth or shave
- Turn off the kitchen tap when you wash the dishes
- Choose a quick shower over a bath
- Use the washing machine and the dishwasher only when fully loaded
- Install water saving devices on your home taps
- Choose flowers suitable for the arid climate of the Mediterranean, requiring small quantities of water to maintain
- Water your garden early in the morning or late in the evening to avoid evaporation
- Prefer drip irrigation that optimises water use
- Make sure to frequently maintain your watering system
- Wash your car, motorbike or bicycle using a bucket instead of a hose
- Wash the terrace, balcony or pavement using a bucket instead of a hose
- Check your house for leakages; an effortless way is to check the activity of your house water meter when all tabs are closed
- Notify the authorities or the person in charge if you come across a leakage in a public or private space.
- Encourage your friends and family to adopt a water saving behavior, particularly in areas when water resources are limited.